Thursday, May 05, 2011

Good News Everyone!

My Arduino arrived today, huzzahs all around.


They sure have stepped up their packaging over the past year. The board came in a spiffy little box instead of one of those difficult to open plastic packages, and with a thank you pamphlet and six little stickers. I'll be sure to put one of them on my finished robot somewhere.

It's amazing how small these boards are. The Mega 2560 isn't that much bigger than my old Duemilanove and you can really tell the quality of the board. I guess I've just become so used to the ugly copper boards I've been making with the school's milling machines that anything with screen printing and a solder mask (especially blue) is going to impress me.

Everything you need to get the Arduino up and running can be found on their website with a step-by-step tutorial as well.


If you click on the Learning tab on the website, you can also find at least a hundred tutorials to get you started. And this is where I find myself.

Time to pull out the LEDs and start reading up. Once my insomnia starts to kick in later tonight, I'll be sure to give you all an update.

Noza out!


No comments:

Post a Comment